Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Command prompt got messed up?

-I recently downloaded a C++ compiler from Borland to start learning C++ programmming language. I'm not sure if it has anything to to with the problem but......yesterday I had to do various things in the command prompt in order to set-up the compiler....everything was working fine so, I decided to shut off my computer and test it out the next morning.


When I tried testing it out, I had to edit some files by putting "edit" at the beginning, and everytime I did this, it responded "'edit' is not recognized internal or external command, operable program or batch file." At this point I was like......wtf?. Then, I said to myself, thats weird, so I decided to check the problem.....reinstalled the compiler...still...same prompt. Wtf?. Then I said, ok, lets see if the command prompt is the problem....I type in "ipconfig" which is a commonly known command. Guess what Mr. Command Prompt says......"'ipconfig' is not recognized internal or external command, operable program or batch file."wtf!!!!

Command prompt got messed up?
try to check ur 'PATH' environment variable.





It should have at least this: %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;
Reply:Something messed with your system's path statement.


No comments:

Post a Comment